Based in Brussels, Joelle Alexis has been working on full length documentaries and fiction films for over 20 years. She is tutoring in several documentary workshops on pitching teasers and editing.
Among her documentary films are:
- Kamay (I. Yourish), not premiered yet
- Black Notebooks (S.Elkabetz), Premiered at Cannes 2021, Best film Ofir Awards 2022
- Muhi- Generally Temporary (R. Castelnuovo and T. Elterman) Best Debut Film DocAviv 2017, Selected at San Fransisco IFF, Hotdocs 2017, Human Rights Watch
- Twilight of a Life (S. Biegeleisen) opening of Visions du Reel 2015
- The Green Prince (N. Schirman) Audience Award at Sundance Film Festival 2013
- A Film Unfinished (Y. Hersonski) won best Editing at Sundance Film Festival 2011.
- The Champagne Spy (N.Schirman) Special Jury Prize of Best Editing at River Run International Film Festival USA 2008.
Her latest editing on fiction include:
- Life Without Credit (T. Shoval), not yet premiered
- Debby Was Here (D. Goldberg), premiering at Haifa IFF 2023
- Blush (M. Vinik) selected at San Sebastian Film Festival 2015
- Gett - The Trial of Vivian Amsalem (R. & S. Elkabetz) selected at Cannes IFF 2014 and nominated Golden Globe for Best Foreign Film 2014
- Youth (T. Shoval) selected at Berlinale 2013, Best Film Jerusalem IFF and Taipei FF
- Les Sept Jours (R.& S. Elkabetz) Premiered at Cannes IFF in La Semaine de la Critique 2008
- Close to Home (V. Bilu & D. Hager) Prize of the Jury of the Confederation of Art House Cinemas Berlinale 2006
- Prendre Femme (R. & S. Elkabetz) Critic's Award at the Venice IFF 2005.
She also worked as an editing consultant on:
- Becoming who I was (C. Moon and J. Jeon) Grand Prix Generation KPlus Berlinale 2017,Grand Jury Prize Seatle IFF, Audience award Trento FF 2017
- Babylon Dreamers (R. Shumunov) Awarded best Feature Doc Moscow IFF and Kiev IFF 2017
- Presenting Princess Shaw (I. Haar) selected at Toronto Film Festival and IDFA 2015
- Town on a Wire (U. Rosenwaks) selected at Copenhagen Film Festival 2015
- Pole, Dancer, Movie (I. Halpern) Awarded Best Israeli film DocAviv